BRANZ Bulletin Issue 626 Slip resistance of floors
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Bulletin
- PDF, Hard copy
Falls on slippery floors claim the lives of several New Zealanders every year, and many more suffer non-fatal injuries from slipping or skidding.
Under Building Code clause D1 Access routes, defined access routes, floors and paths must have sufficient friction to minimise the risk of people slipping and being injured.
This bulletin covers how to ensure floors are slip resistant.
This bulletin covers:
- Building Code requirements
- Defining slip resistance
- Measuring slip resistance
- Acceptable slip-resistance materials
- Slip resistance in defined access routes
- Slip resistance within dwellings
- Improving the slip resistance of existing floors
- Tripping hazards
- Building Code Clauses and Standards