BU455 Restoring a house after flood damage
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Bulletin
- PDF, Hard copy
This bulletin gives essential information on requirements necessary for restoring and repairing a flood-damaged house, with particular emphasis on health and safety issues.
Key messages in this free bulletin include:
- people who live in low-lying, flood-prone areas should always have an evacuation plan and emergency supplies prepared
- if your house has a notice placed on it by the local council proclaiming it is uninhabitable, you cannot live in it until the sign is removed.
- flood debris should be cleared away as soon as possible so drying can start
- no finishing work should be done until the house is fully dry
- all services must be made safe before any remedial work begins.