Strandsarking® for Low Slope Membrane Roofs
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Strandsarking® is an engineered wood-based panel material for use as roof substrate under membrane roofs. All panels are ink marked with the New Zealand Timber Preservation Council registration number and treatment type, Strandsarking and a five digit traceability code.
Strandsarking® is for use as roof sarking on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area;,
- with a minimum roof fall of 2° (1:30); and,
- with timber roof framing designed in accordance with NZS 3604, or timber roof members subject to specific design; and,
- with roof framing at a maximum of 400 mm centres; and,
- in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Extra High; and,
- in areas with a maximum snow loading of 1 kPa; and,
- with adhered sheet membrane roofing in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 8.5 or with adhered sheet membrane roofing covered by a valid BRANZ Appraisal, subject to the approval of the membrane supplier.