Strandsarking® Roof Sarking
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Strandsarking® is an engineered wood-based panel material for use as roof sarking under asphalt shingles, profiled metal roofing and other similar types of roofing materials.
All panels are ink marked with the New Zealand Timber Preservation Council registration number and treatment type, Strandsarking and a five digit traceability code.
Strandsarking® is for use as roof sarking on buildings within the following scope:
- in accordance with the scope limitations of NZS 3604; and,
- with timber roof framing designed in accordance with NZS 3604, or timber roof members subject to specific design; and,
- in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Extra High; and,
- in areas with a maximum snow loading of 1 kPa, and;
- with a minimum roof pitch of 9°; and,
- with roof trusses or framing at maximum of 900 mm centres with roofing materials up to 50 kg/m2; and,
- with roof trusses or framing at maximum of 600 mm centres with roofing materials up to 150 kg/m2.