E2 Redway Flashings
- Appraisal number 977
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
E2 Redway Flashings are a range of uPVC back flashings designed for use in a variety of wall construction details to meet the flashing requirements for both direct-fixed and cavity cladding systems. The range also includes the E2 Redway Flashings Sill Tray System for window and door joinery.
E2 Redway Flashings have been appraised for use as back flashings on timber and steel framed buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- with direct fixed or cavity-based wall cladding systems complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or with proprietary direct fixed or cavity-based cladding systems covered by a valid BRANZ Appraisal; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to and including Extra High.
(Note: E2 Redway Flashings can also be used on buildings subject to specific weathertightness design. Weathertightness design and detailing of these installations is the responsibility of the designer and is outside the scope of the Appraisal).
The E2 Redway Flashings Sill Tray System has been appraised for use as a sill tray in joinery openings of buildings within the following scope:
- timber framed buildings constructed in accordance with the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1, with direct fixed timber or fibre cement horizontal weatherboard wall claddings in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1; or
- constructed with concrete masonry, in-situ concrete, pre-cast concrete or EPS block systems up to 3 storeys in height with a maximum height from ground to eaves of 10 m, and with a floor plan area only limited by seismic and structural joints, all designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC; and
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including, Very High.
The E2 Redway Flashings Sill Tray System is appraised for use with aluminum window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (Note: The Appraisal of the Sill Tray System relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone.)