ARDEX WPM 1000 External Deck Membrane
- Appraisal number 925
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
ARDEX WPM 1000 Exterior Membrane is a fully bonded, synthetic rubber, weldable sheet waterproofing membrane for use under directly adhered or uncoupled ceramic or stone tile finishes on external decks and balconies.
ARDEX WPM 1000 Exterior Membrane has been appraised for use as a deck and balcony waterproofing membrane for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific engineering design; and,
- with substrates of plywood, fibre cement compressed sheet or suspended concrete slab; and,
- with minimum falls for decks and balconies of 1:40 for plywood and 1:60 for concrete; and
- with deck and balcony size limited to 40 m2; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to, and including Extra High with adhesive fixed tiles.
ARDEX WPM 1000 Exterior Membrane has also been appraised for use as deck and balcony membrane on buildings with the following scope:
- subject to specific structural design; and,
- with substrates of plywood, fibre cement compressed sheet or suspended concrete slab; and
- situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 6kPa with adhesive fixed tiles; and,
- the weathertightness details at the interface with other building elements must be the subject of specific weathertightness design.
Decks and balconies must be design and constructed in accordance with the following limitations:
- with the membrane continually protected from exposure to ultra violet (UV) light and from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes; and,
- with no steps within the deck level and no down pipes discharging directly onto the deck.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the mimbrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membrane must be installed by trained applicators, approved by ARDEX New Zealand Ltd.