Allnex Soprema Roofing Membrane Systems
- Appraisal number 819
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Allnex Soprema Roofing Membrane Systems are a range of double-layer, torch-applied fully bonded reinforced modified-bitumen membranes for use on nominally flat or pitched roofs and decks.
Allnex Soprema Roofing Membrane Systems have been appraised as roof and deck waterproofing membranes on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with respect to building height and maximum floor plan areas; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to, and including Extra High; and,
- the building is subject to specific structural design; and,
- a substrate of plywood on timber framing; or,
- a substrate of suspended concrete slab; and,
- with minimum fall for roofs of 1:30, concrete roofs of 1:60 and all decks of 1:40; and,
- with deck size limited to 40m2.
Roofs and decks waterproofed with Allnex Soprema Roofing Membrane Systems must be designed and constructed in accordance with the following limitations:
- nominally flat or pitched roofs and decks constructed to drain water to gutters and drainage outlets complying with the NZBC; and,
- with no steps within the deck level, no integral roof gardens and no downpipe direct discharge to the deck; and,
- with the deck membranes continually protected from physical damage by pedestal protection system.
The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and therefore is the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membranes must be installed by Allnex New Zealand Ltd Licensed Applicators.