Allnex Damp Proof and Tanking Membranes
- Appraisal number 805
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Allnex Damp Proof and Tanking Membranes Bituthene® and Preprufe® are self adhesive or pre applied DPM and tanking membranes for basement retaining walls and floors. They are applied under floor slabs and foundations and to the exterior face of basement retaining walls to prevent liquid water or water vapour penetrating to the interior face in spaces where moisture may cause damage.
Bituthene® is supplied as a self-adhering, polymer-rubber modified bitumen sheets and Preprufe® as a multilayered composite sheets in roll form.
Allnex Damp Proof Membrane, Bituthene, has been appraised as a DPM for use:
- on buildings subject to non specific design under floor slabs complying with NZS 3604 and behind concrete masonry basement walls and under floor slabs complying with NZS 4229; and,
- in buildings subject to specific design with substrates of in-situ or precast concrete complying with NZS 3101 or concrete masonry complying with NZS 4230 and 4210; and,
- where subsoil drainage and free draining granular backfill has been placed behind basement walls.
Allnex Tanking Membrane, Preprufe, has been appraised as a tanking membrane for use:
- on buildings subject to specific design with substrates of in-situ or precast concrete complying with NZS 3101; and,
- where the membrane is subject to hydrostatic pressure with the pressure not to exceed 2 bar (20 metres head of water).
Allnex Damp Proof and Tanking Membranes, Bituthene and Preprufe, must be adequately protected against damage during backfilling and in service.
The products must be installed by Allnex New Zealand Ltd licensed applicators.