X Span Ltd K5S® Steel Portal Frame Connectors - New Zealand
- Appraisal number 785
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
K5S® steel brackets are prefabricated steel connectors for the knee and apex joints of cold-rolled steel C-section portal frames with tested capacities to AS/NZS 1170.0 and AS/NZS 4600.
K5S® steel brackets have been appraised for use as the connectors of cold-rolled steel portal frames within the following scope:
- Buildings subject to specific engineering design using the philosophy and design information contained within the Technical Literature, with roof pitches of 5° to 20°.
- Buildings subject to specific engineering design using the simplified design tables contained within the Technical Literature, limited to:
- non-residential, single storey buildings; and,
- pitched portal frames or monopitched portal frames; and,
- roof slope of 10°; and,
- maximum knee height of 9 m; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including Very High; and,
- no snow loads.