Weatherdek PVC Deck and Roof Deck Waterproofing Membranes
- Appraisal number 671
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Weatherdek PVC Deck and Roof Deck Waterproofing Membranes are reinforced polyvinyl chloride (PVC), adhesive fixed sheet waterproofing membranes designed to be used on pedestrian decks and balconies.
The products are laminated, multi-layered, flexible PVC sheets in roll form. The products are installed as single layer systems.
Weatherdek PVC Deck and Roof Deck Waterproofing Membranes have been appraised for use as deck and balcony waterproofing membranes for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or,
- the scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific engineering design; and,
- with substrates of plywood sheet, compressed fibre cement sheet or suspended concrete slab; and,
- with minimum falls for decks and balconies of 1:40; and,
- with deck and balcony size limited to 40 m2 ; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Extra High.
Decks and balconies must be designed and constructed in accordance with the following limitations:
- with the membrane continually protected from exposure to ultra violet (UV) light and from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes; and,
- with no steps within the deck level, no integral roof gardens and no down pipes discharging directly onto the deck.
The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.