TECHNOKOLLA Rasolastik Exterior Waterproofing Membranes
- Appraisal number 541
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
TECHNOKOLLA Rasolastik Waterproofing Membranes (Rasolastik ADV and Rasolastik EVO) are liquid applied waterproofing membranes for use under ceramic or stone tile finishes on external decks and balconies.
Rasolastik Waterproofing Membrane has been appraised for use as waterproofing membrane for buildings within the following scope:
- scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- with timber supporting structures designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC; and,
- with substrates of plywood and fibre cement compressed sheet; and,
- with decks that have a maximum size of 40m2.
Rasolastik Waterproofing Membrane has also been appraised for use as waterproofing membrane for external reinforced concrete pedestrian decks and balconies for buildings within the following scope:
- up to 3 storeys with a maximum height from ground to eaves of 10 m and with a floor plan area limited only by seismic and structural control joints; and,
- with the reinforced concrete structure designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC.
Rasolastik Waterproofing Membrane is limited to decks and balconies within the following scope:
- constructed to suitable falls (Refer Paragraph 12.3); and,
- with the membrane continually protected from exposure to UV (ultra violet) light and from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes; and,
- with decks and balconies designed and constructed such that deflections do not exceed 1/360th of the span; and,
- with no steps within the deck level, no integral roof gardens and no down pipes discharging directly onto the deck.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through to the tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor. These joints have not been assessed and are outside the scope of the Appraisal.
Ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of the Appraisal.
The membranes must be installed by Tiling Trade Supplies Ltd T/A Technokolla NZ Approved and Trained Applicators.