Clay Brick and Paver Manufacturers Association's Stack Bonded Brick Veneer System.
- Appraisal number 1045
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The Stack Bonded Brick Veneer System is a system for creating clay brick veneer claddings with a stack bond pattern.
The Clay Brick and Paver Manufacturers whose bricks are covered by this Appraisal are as follows:
- NZ Brick Distributors
- Canterbury Clay Bricks
- Clay Bricks Ltd
- Brick and Stone Imports T/A Midland Brick NZ
The Stack Bonded Brick Veneer System has been appraised for use as a veneer cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1 in terms of floor area, and with a maximum of one storey; and,
- with a maximum height of brick veneer of 4.0 m above the supporting foundation, except that at gable ends and some piers this height may be up to 5.5 m; and,
- with a minimum panel width of 230 mm; and,
- with a veneer thickness of 70 mm to 110 mm; and,
- with a cavity depth of between 40 mm and 60 mm; and,
- with a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1; and,
- with timber framing constructed on slab-on-ground in accordance with NZS 3604 and/or concrete masonry constructed in accordance with NZS 4229; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including 'Extra High'.
- with the wall cladding meeting all the requirements of Section 9.2 Masonry Veneer of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or Section 4.6 Masonry Veneer of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS3, except the requirement for running or stretcher bond.
The Stack Bonded Brick Veneer System is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (The Appraisal of the Stack Bonded Brick Veneer System relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone.)
NOTE: The Stack Bonded Brick Veneer System can be used to provide a fire resistance rated construction, but this aspect has not been appraised and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.