Aluplast® uPVC Windows and Doors
- Appraisal number 1005
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Aluplast® uPVC Windows and Doors are a range of double and triple-glazed window and door joinery units for use in residential and light commercial buildings. The joinery units are available with fixed glazing and/or opening sashes/doors.
The opening sash window styles covered by this Appraisal include:
- IDEAL 2000 Awning, Bi-fold, Casement, Sliding, and Tilt and turn; and
- IDEAL 4000 Awning, Casement, Sliding, and Tilt and turn.
The opening door styles covered by this Appraisal include:
- IDEAL 2000 Inward and Outward Opening Hinged, Bi-fold, French, Sliding, Tilt-and-slide; and
- IDEAL 4000 Inward and Outward Opening Hinged, French Doors; and
- multi-slide; and
The windows and doors are fabricated in New Zealand by NK Window Solutions Ltd and Cascade International Ltd trading as Warm Windows, from uPVC profiles manufactured by Aluplast® GmbH in Germany.
This Appraisal has been amended to add IDEAL 4000 and Smart Slide windows and doors.
Aluplast® uPVC Windows and Doors have been appraised for use as window and door joinery within the following scope:
- designed and manufactured in accordance with NZS 4211 for weathertightness, airtightness and structural design; and,
- as an alternative to the aluminium windows and doors specified in NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 9.1.10; and,
- in buildings within the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1, and
- with cladding systems complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, and
- situated in NZS 3604 defined Wind Zones up to and including High fro multi-slide doors and up to and including Extra High for all other window and door types; and
- situated in the NZS 4211 Extreme Wind Zone for IDEAL 4000 Inward and Outward Hinged Doors and Outward Opening French Doors.
Aluplast® uPVC Windows and Doors have also been appraised for compliance with NZS 4211 where they are specified for use outside the scope of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 18.104.22.168 (as the product is uPVC, not aluminium) and/or the building is outside the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1 but is within the wind exposure limitations of NZS 4211. The building weathertightness design and installation of the window and door joinery in these situations is subject to specific design and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
Aluplast® uPVC Windows and Doors in sizes above those tested have also been appraised for compliance with NZS 4211 where the proprietary Aluplast® window system engineering design system, or a design engineer, is able to verify that the strength and deflection requirements are within the limitations of the applicable wind zone.