2010/082: Refusal to issue a code compliance certificate for a 12 year-old house with monolithic cladding because of concerns about weathertightness, structure and surface water
- Valid from
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
This determination arose from the decision of the authority to refuse to issue a code compliance certificate for a 12-year-old house because it was not satisfied that it complied with certain clauses of the Building Code.
The matter to determined was whether the authority was correct to refuse to issue a code compliance certificate.
It was considered:
- Whether the building envelope complied with Clause B2 Durability and Clause E2 External Moisture;
- Whether the building work complied with Clause B1 Structure;
- Whether the building work complied with Clause E1 External Moisture, and whether a section 73 notice should be issued in respect of the property;
- Whether the elements that make up the building work complied with Clause B2 Durability, taking into account the age of the house.