Insulation and missing consents - Build 177 (2020)
- Insulation and missing consents - Build 177 (2020)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BUILD article
- Website, PDF
Often problems can be solved with a quick conversation. In a recent case, an exemption for a building consent could have been obtained and a property sale advanced, if only the building consent authority had been asked.
A homeowner called the BRANZ helpline recently about a property they were getting ready for sale. Painters had power washed the house in preparation for painting the exterior, but some of the 100-year-old weatherboards hadn’t fared well due to large cracks and rotten boards on the south side and around a window.
This article includes the following:
- Repairs presented opportunity to add insulation
- Consent should have been obtained
- BCAs can give an exemption
- What to do after work is done