Stria® Cladding & CLD Batten System
- GM-CM30109 (Rev A)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Global-Mark Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The Stria® Cladding & CLD Batten System (the system) consists of fibre cement weatherboards horizontally installed over vertical fibre cement battens with RAB™ board or flexible building wrap with aluminium flashings and uPVC strips. It is designed to be used as part of an external cavity-based cladding system.
Stria® Cladding profiled weatherboards are 14mm thick; the CLD battens are 19mm x 70mm.
All installation componentry is supplied by James Hardie.
Each weatherboard has a factory applied, manila white colour primer on the face. The cut edges and sanded patches need to be sealed and the weatherboards finished with an acrylic paint system. The battens are supplied uncoated.
The system has been assessed as an external wall cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- timber-framed construction complying with the NZBC; or an existing external timber wall structure, where the designer and/or installer has established that it is suitable for the intended building work; and
- with the stud spacing no more than 600mm centered, and
- in all corrosion zones as defined in NZS3604:2011, excluding where adverse macroclimatic conditions apply as set out in Paragraph 4.2.4 NZS3604:2011 and
- in NZS 3604:2011 Wind Zones up to, and including Extra High for buildings within the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1, with a risk score of up to 20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Table 2; or,
- where the design ultimate limit state (ULS) differential wind pressure does not exceed 2.5 kPa for specific engineering design (SED) buildings of any height; and
- anywhere with respect to a relevant boundary (including within 1m)
Joinery used in conjunction with the system must
- be installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills; and,
- meet the requirements of NZS 4211:2008 including amendment 1 for the relevant Wind Zone or design wind pressure or have a current CodeMark.
The weatherboards must only be installed horizontally on vertical surfaces.