Hydrotech Membrane (MM6125) System
- Rev C - 19/08/2020
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Hydrotech Membrane (MM6125) system (the system) is a monolithic membrane made from a formulation of refined asphalts and synthetic rubbers, and accessories. The MM6125 is applied in two, 3 mm layers with a fabric reinforced layer sandwiched between these layers.
The system provides a flexible, seamless, self-healing monolithic membrane. The components of the system are listed in section 9.
1. The system has been assessed as a waterproofing membrane solution for use in cold roof and deck assemblies, and Protected membrane roof and deck (PMR) assemblies.
2. The system must always be protected as follows:
- a) On PMR assembly: one of the following overlays must be installed over the insulation layer.
- i. Pavers or floating timber deck on pedestals
- ii. Ballast (graded stones)
- iii. Green roof
- iv. Concrete topping slab
- b) On a trafficable cold roof/deck assembly: one of the overlays described in 2(a) must be used:
- c) On a non-trafficable cold roof/deck assembly or where only maintenance related traffic is expected: the membrane must be protected with a layer of Hydroflex 30 or Casali Olympia.
3. The system will resist the effects of wind uplift likely to occur in practice. The effect of wind on the overlays described in 2(a) falls outside the scope of this certificate.
4. The system may be used on buildings within the following scope:
- a) On new buildings or existing buildings in all exposure zones, excluding microclimates, as defined by NZS3604: 2011.
- b) On reinforced concrete substrates with any pitch including zero pitch defined as less than 1:100/0.5, gutter fall must be maintained at a minimum of 1:100/0.5o