VertiClad Cladding System
- Rev D1 - 02/03/2020
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The VertiClad Cladding System (the System) is a cavity-based external wall cladding system installed on a structural timber frame.
The system comprises: vertically fixed weatherboards with the species selected from; Western Red Cedar (Thuja Plicata), Alaskan Yellow Cedar (Cupressus nootkatensis), Radiata Pine – H3.2 (MicroPro® treated), Iroko (Milicia excelsa) and installed over H3.2 treated timber castellated cavity battens to form a nominally non-structural 20 mm cavity or structurally fixed 45 mm cavity; flashings and accessories.
The weatherboards are profiled to JSC’s specifications and to NZS 3617:1979 and BRANZ BU411(2001) and are supplied with a minimum of a single coating of primer or stain to all four sides. Once installed top coats must be applied according to the coating manufacturers specifications.
The scope of certification covers the use of the system as an external cladding within the following scope:
- In wind zones up to and including extra high, as defined in NZS3604:2011 or situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa, where the building has been specifically engineered
- In all corrosion zones, subject to use of fixing material as prescribed in NZS3604:2011
Has the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable System E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 7 (01/01/2017), Paragraph 1.1; and,
- New timber framed buildings with building wrap or rigid air barrier that comply with the NZ Building Code
- Existing timber framed buildings where the designer and installer have satisfied themselves that the existing building is suitable for the intended building work
- With a risk score of 0-20 when calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 7 (01/01/2017), Table 2
- The System must only be installed vertically on vertical, flat, surfaces
The System is certified for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills
Located more than 1m from the relevant boundaries.