JSC Board and Batten System
- GM-CM30083 RevE
- Revision E
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Global-Mark Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The Board and Batten Cladding System (the System) is a cavity-based external wall cladding system installed on a structural timber frame.
The System comprises: vertically fixed weatherboards installed over H3.2 treated timber castellated cavity battens to form a nominally non-structural 20mm cavity or structurally fixed 45 mm cavity, fixings, coating systems, flashings and accessories.
The scope of certification covers the use of the system as an external cladding within the following scope:
- In wind zones up to and including extra high, as defined in NZS 3604:2011 or situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa, where the building has been specifically engineered
- In all exposure zones, excluding microclimates as defined in NZS 3604:2011.
Building (other than those containing risk group SI)
- Has the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 10 (5 November 2020), Paragraph 1.1; and,
- New timber framed buildings with building wrap or rigid air barrier that comply with the NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 10 (5 November 2020)
- Existing timber framed buildings where the designer and installer have satisfied themselves that the existing building is suitable for the intended building work
- With a risk score of 0-20 when calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 10 (5 November 2020), Table 2
- The System must only be installed vertically on vertical, flat, surfaces
- The System is certified for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills
- The wall cladding system is located more than 1m from a relevant boundary.