BevelClad Cladding System
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The BevelClad Cladding System (the System) is a cavity-based external wall cladding system installed on a structural timber frame. The system comprises: horizontally fixed weatherboards with the species selected from; Western Red Cedar (Thuja Plicata), Alaskan Yellow Cedar (Cupressus nootkatensis), Radiata Pine – H3.2 (MicroPro® treated), Iroko (Milicia excelsa) and installed over H3.2 treated timber cavity battens to form a nominally non-structural 20mm cavity or structurally fixed 45mm cavity, fixings, coating systems, flashings and accessories.
The weatherboards are profiled to JSC’s specifications and to NZS3617:1979 and BRANZ BU411 (April 2001) and are supplied either raw, finished with two coats of premium exterior grade penetrating oil stain to JSC Timber Ltd specifications or primed with a primer to JSC Timber Ltd specification and with one coat of premium exterior grade acrylic paint to JSC Timber Ltd specifications.
The scope of certification covers the use of the system as an external cladding within the following scope:
- In wind zones up to and including extra high, as defined in NZS3604:2011 or situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa, where the building has been specifically engineered
- In all exposure zones, excluding microclimates as defined in NZS3604:2011.
- Has the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable System E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 9 (27/06/2019), Paragraph 1.1; and,
- New timber framed buildings with building wrap or rigid air barrier that comply with the NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Third Edition including amendment 9 (27/06/2019)
- Existing timber framed buildings where the designer and installer have satisfied themselves that the existing building is suitable for the intended building work
- With a risk score of 0-20 when calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 9 (27/06/2019), Table 2
- The System must only be installed vertically on vertical, flat, surfaces
- The System is certified for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills
- Located more than 1m form the relevant boundaries.