Viking Enviroclad Roofing and Deck Membrane System
- Revision E, 03/03/2021
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Global-Mark Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Viking Enviroclad Roofing and Deck Membrane System is a single ply, polyester fabric reinforced, thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) waterproofing sheet membrane for flat or pitched roofs and decks. It can be applied as a fully bonded or mechanically fixed system.
Viking Enviroclad Roofing and Deck Membrane System has been assessed as a roof and deck waterproofing membrane.
1. Viking Enviroclad Roofing and Deck Membrane System is certified for use as a roof and deck waterproofing membrane:
- a. on buildings:
- within the scope limitations of NZS 3604:2011 and NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 10 (5/11/2020), Paragraph1.1; or,
- within the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 10 (5/11/2020), Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area
when subject to specific structural design; and,
- situated in NZS 3604:2011 Wind Zones, up to, and including Extra High, and
- with substrates of plywood or suspended concrete slab, and
- b. on specifically designed or existing buildings:
- subject to specific structural and weathertightness design situated in wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) specified in #2 below; and,
- c. with substrates of plywood or suspended concrete slab, and
- with a minimum fall of 1 in 30 (2 degrees) for roofs; 1 in 40 (1.5 degrees) for decks and 1 in 100 (0.5 degrees) for gutters, and
- d. where the membrane on a trafficable deck is continually protected by a pedestal protection system and the membrane on a trafficable area of a roof is protected by an Enviroclad walkway.
2. Subject to the structural limitations of the substrate, Viking Enviroclad Roof and Deck Membrane Systems is certified for use:
- a. up to a maximum design differential Ultimate Limit State wind pressure of 6.5kPa when installed using the standard method of fully bonded with heat welded seams, or
- b. up to a maximum design differential Ultimate Limit State wind pressure of 2.7 kPa when installed using either of the mechanical fastenings methods, HP-X Fasteners and Piranha Plates or
Rhino Bond System
3. Viking Enviroclad Roofing and Deck Membrane System shall be:
- a. designed and installed in accordance with the requirements of the BRANZ Appraisal 656 (2020) and the Technical Literature “Viking_Roofspec_EnviroClad Details_201123”, dated 23
November 2020, and
- b. Installed by a Viking Roofspec trained and licensed installer.
4. APEEL™ protective film applied to some membranes for protection during construction shall be removed within 90 days of installation.
5. For existing buildings, the suitability of the roof or deck shall be confirmed by a professional qualified to design buildings within the scope specified in Condition #1].
6. Product specification and incorporation of the Viking Enviroclad Roofing and Deck Membrane System into the building design shall be carried out by a competent building professional, qualified
to design buildings within the scope specified in Condition #1.
7. This certification does not include:
- a. details not covered by the Technical Literature, which shall be subject to specific weathertightness design, and
- b. the design and construction of the substrate including movement and control joints, and
- c. applications where ancillary components other than those provided by Viking Roofspec listed in the Technical Literature are substituted with alternative products, and
- d. integral roof gardens, steps within the deck and direct downpipe discharge to the deck level
Viking Enviroclad Roofing and Deck Membrane System must be installed using Viking Roofspec ancillary components as described in the Viking Roofspec Applicator Handbook V1.3 (30/05/2016) referenced as the Handbook.