Viking Bituclad Waterproofing Membranes
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Global-Mark Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Viking Bituclad Waterproofing Membranes are a range of torchapplied reinforced modified-bitumen membranes for use as fully bonded double-layer roof waterproofing membranes on nominally flat and pitched roofs.
There are two types of systems: SBS and APP.
Each system is comprised of a first 3mm thick modified bitumen layer, torch applied sheet waterproofing membrane with a sand surface which is used as the base layer and a second 4mm thick modified bitumen layer, torch applied sheet waterproofing membrane with an upper layer of mineral chip. This second layer is referred to as a cap sheet.
- The SBS system details are: Bituclad base sheet SEM527 & either Bituclad Mineral Sheet SEM549 or Bituclad Mineral Sheet SEM550
- The APP system details are: Bituclad base sheet SEM427 & either Bituclad Mineral Sheet SEM445 or Bituclad Mineral Sheet SEM449
Viking Bituclad Waterproofing Membranes have been assessed as roof waterproofing membranes on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZS 3604:2011 and NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph1.1;
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific structural design;
- situated in NZS 3604:2011 Wind Zones, up to, and including Extra High;
- with substrates of plywood or suspended concrete slab;
- with a minimum fall for roofs of 1:30 (2 degrees).
Viking Bituclad Waterproofing Membranes have also been assessed for use as roof waterproofing membranes on buildings within the following scope:
- subject to specific structural and weathertightness design situated in wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 6 kPa; and,
- with substrates of plywood or suspended concrete slab.