Nichiha EX Series Wall System
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Global-Mark Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The Nichiha EX Series wall cladding system comprises a range of pre-finished, cement-bonded, fibrous wood particle panels and proprietary installation componentry.
The panels are 3030 mm in length, 455 mm wide, have a nominal thickness of 16 mm and are pre-finished using a durable multi-layer paint process and a Nichiguard stain resistant coating.
Panels are tongue and groove profiled along the top and bottom edges (the long horizontal edges), and fit together to form a waterproof joint. Vertical joints at the ends of the panels are aligned for each panel course and are finished with sealant.
The panels are secured with the panel clip, which is installed over a wall underlay or rigid air barrier. The system is installed over a timber frame.
The Nichiha EX Series wall cladding system has been assessed for use as an external wall cladding system on buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC) Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area;
- constructed with:
- - timber frame in accordance with NZS 3604:2011;
- - Steel frame in accordance with NZS3404:2009 Part 1 and NASH Standard - Residential and Low-Rise Steel Framing Part 1: Design Criteria:2005;
- situated in Wind Zones up to and including Extra High, as defined in NZS3604:2011;
- with aluminum window and door joinery that meets the requirements of NZS 4211:2008 and is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills;
- in exposure Zones B and C as defined in NZS3604:2011. Exposure Zone D and Microclimatic Conditions (refer NZS3604:2011 paragraph 4.2.4) is outside the scope of this certificate;
- can be used within 1m of the relevant boundary (subject to other fire related code compliance requirements).