Lockwood Wall Systems
- Revision I - 27/6/2018
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Global-Mark Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Product description: This Certificate relates to the three Lockwood wall systems: 107mm, 62mm and 44mm.
- The Lockwood 44 wall system consists of treated solid Pinus Radiata timber board,
- The Lockwood 62 wall system consists of treated solid laminated Pinus Radiata timber boards
- The Lockwood 107 wall system consists of two layers of treated solid laminated Pinus Radiata timber board held apart by two structural plywood spreaders with a center core of phenolic foam (polyiso) insulation.
The boards have an effective cover of 172 mm and interlock to form a solid wall. All Lockwood Wall Systems incorporate vertical interlocking wall componentry, tie rods, subfloor base flashings, wall stiffeners, prefabricated corner connections, nailing beams, ridge beams and posts, as well as other ancillary items.
The 62mm and 107mm profiles are manufactured with a prefinished external outer face. The outer face finishes are available in powder coated aluminium, cedar and laminated Pinus Radiata. The external wall systems incorporate aluminium joinery, which complies with NZS 4211:2008 including amendment 1, and all associated joinery flashings and wedges.
- The Lockwood Wall Systems are available in three wall thicknesses (44 mm, 62 mm and 107 mm) and depending on the selected thickness can be used for a combination of internal and external uses. The Lockwood 44 wall system is suitable for internal walls, the Lockwood 62 and 107 wall systems are suitable for internal and external wall applications. There are some situations where the Lockwood 44 wall system walls are extended through to the external envelope or form a selected part of the exterior envelope. In these situations, the wall must be packed, insulated and clad in accordance with the Lockwood Detail Manual (September 2017) including Detail Update List (Sept 2019).
- All Lockwood walls can be used for structural or non-structural applications. When used in conjunction with “X” profile connections and tie rods, they will contribute to the buildings overall wall bracing requirements, #See the Lockwood Structural Handbook March 2015 (Issue 2, Version 4, date: 3/03/2015).
- Lockwood buildings shall be designed within the scope limitations of NZS 3604:2011, Paragraph 1.1.2.
- Residential and light commercial buildings, situated in NZS 3604:2011 Wind Zones up to, and including, Extra High (55 m/s ultimate limit state wind speed) calculated in accordance with AS/NZS 1170.2:2011 (R2016) including amendment 1 to 5.
- The Lockwood wall systems may be used in all exposure zones described in NZS 3604:2011, Section 4.2, provided that the tie rods, fasteners and fixings used are selected for the exposure condition in accordance with the document Lockwood 107 / 62 / 44 Wall Specification (issue No. 16, date: 14/07/2019).