- CMNZ25001 version 01
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Global-Mark Certification Services Pty Limited
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Cemintel® Barestone is for use as wall cladding and building facades. Panels are installed as a pressure equalised ventilated cavity system.
Cemintel® Barestone consists of compressed fibre cement panels fixed to NVELOPE NV9 Omega supporting top hats.
The Cemintel Barestone panel comes in a standard 1200mm x 2400mm x 9mm or 1200mm x 3000mm x 9mm size and has a mass of 17.8kg/m2. Refer to Cemintel® Barestone New Zealand Design and Installation Guide External Installation FCNZ604 July 2023 for additional detailed product specifications, installation details and accessories.
a) Cemintel® Barestone is certified for use as external wall cladding for buildings:
- designed in accordance with:
- i. NZS 3604:2011 for timber framed buildings, or
- ii. NZS 3404:2009 Part 1 and NASH Standard Part 2: May 2019 Light Steel Framed Buildings, or
- iii. NZS 4229:2013 for masonry buildings, and
- iv. located in Wind zone (NZS 3604:2011) up to and including Extra High, or
- specifically engineering designed in accordance with B1/VM1 and referenced loading standard AS/NZS 1170 and materials standards, for:
- i. Ultimate Limit State (ULS) wind pressure up to 6kPa.
- ii. Serviceability Limit State (SLS) wind pressure up to 2.5kPa when installed as a pressure equalised system provided the stiffness of the structural frame limits deflections to span/250 for the serviceability wind loads.
- located in Exposure Zones B, C & D (except for microclimates) as defined in NZS 3604:2011 section 4.2, except for fixing to masonry which is limited to zones B & C. Cemintel® Barestone is not suitable for use in Zone E or in industrial contamination and geothermal areas where the environment may be acidic with a pH of less than 5, and
- up to 25 m in height, and
- located anywhere with respect to a relevant boundary, and
- where the Cemintel Panel surface temperature does not exceed 60°C, and
- where Cemintel Panel does not contact standing snow and ice.
b) Cemintel® Barestone shall be designed and installed on vertical surfaces:
- in accordance with Cemintel® Barestone New Zealand Design and Installation Guide External Installation FCNZ604 July 2023, and
- with an air seal (air barrier) suitable for the design serviceability wind pressure, and
- with aluminium window and door joinery that meets the requirements of NZS 4211:2008 and installed with suitable vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills flashings. Aluminium windows shall not have sill drain holes that can direct water into the wall cavity.
c) Where Cemintel® Barestone is installed on masonry or concrete walls all top hat connections and cladding fixings must be specifically engineering designed.
d) Cemintel® Barestone contributes to compliance with C3.6. Cemintel® Barestone is not a fire rated system on its own but can be used as part of a fire rated system.
NOTE: Together, items 3,4,5 and 6 define scope of use Reference Documents:
- Cemintel® Barestone New Zealand Design and Installation Guide External Installation FCNZ604 July 2023.