Demilec Heatlok HFO Insulation
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas Australia Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Demilec Heatlok HFO Insulation is a site-applied closed cell, medium density 2-part polyurethane spray-in-place foam thermal insulation product.
Demilec Heatlok HFO Insulation is a thermal insulation product for walls, ceilings, roofs and underfloors.
1. Demilec Heatlok HFO Insulation is certified for use in:
- a) timber framed buildings to NZS3604:2011 Timber-Framed Buildings, or
- b) light steel framed buildings to NASH Standard Part 2:2019 Light Steel Framed Buildings, and
- c) located in any climate zone
2. Demilec Heatlok HFO Insulation shall not be installed as an exposed internal surface in a building or part of building where there is a requirement to comply with Building Code clause C3.4a). Where Demilec Heatlok HFO Insulation is installed in a space where the surface lining does have a requirement to comply with C3.4(a), Demilec Heatlok HFO Insulation shall be covered with a rigid sheet product of gypsum plasterboard, plywood, solid wood, wood composite, fibre reinforced cement, concrete or masonry that is not less than 9 mm thick.
3. Demilec Heatlok HFO Insulation shall:
- a) be installed by an ASCC Ltd trained and approved installer, and
- b) in accordance with the Technical Manual for Demilec HFO, Version 2.0 March 2021, and
- c) with sufficient thickness to achieve the R-value specified, but not less than 30 mm, and
- d) with clearance as required around recessed light fittings, chimneys, flues and other hot surfaces, and
- e) be protected from the weather within 6 months.