Kronospan OSB Barrier
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas Australia Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Kronospan OSB Barrier is a 9 mm oriented strand board (OSB) panel product. Panels are available in the following sizes:
- 2400 x 1200mm, 2700 x 1200 mm,
- 2440 x 1220 mm
- 2740 x 1220 mm
It is available untreated or treated to hazard class H3.1 (LOSP). The treated version is identifiable by green edge colour and identifying stamp.
For use as a protected external wall bracing element and as a rigid air barrier in conjunction with a ventilated cavity.
1. Kronospan OSB Barrier is certified for use in timber framed buildings:
- a) designed in accordance with accordance with NZS3604:2011, or by specific design in accordance with Verification Method B1/VM1, and
- b) up to 10m in height, and
- c) located in wind zones up to and including EXTRA HIGH (as defined in NZS3604:2011) or up to a ULS wind design pressure of 2.6 kPa for buildings specifically designed in accordance with Verification
Method B1/VM1, and
- d) located in all exposure zones (as defined in NZS3604:2011), and
- e) located in all seismic zones, and
- f) located greater than 1 m from a relevant boundary.
2. Kronospan OSB Barrier shall be installed in accordance with the GlobalBuild NZ OSB Barrier Design & Install Guide Version 1.3, February 2021
3. Where Kronospan OSB Barrier is installed on the external face of external wall framing the construction shall incorporate a flexible wall underlay and flashing tapes with a drained and ventilated cavity all
complying with the requirements of E2/AS1.
4. The flexible underlay shall be installed within 14 days of the Kronospan OSB Barrier being installed (30 days for H3.1 treated Kronospan OSB Barrier).