- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
IBS RigidRAP-XT is an 8mm OSB panel product faced with a laminated synthetic building wrap and with 10mm lightweight rigid foam on the rear of the panel.
IBS RigidRAP-XT is a rigid air barrier and bracing element, and provides temporary protection from the weather during construction. It incorporates a thermal break for use with light steel framing.
IBS RigidRAP-XT is certified for use with buildings:
- a) designed and constructed to:
- i) NASH Standard Part Two 2019 Light Steel Framed Building and located in wind zones up to and including Extra High (as defined in NASH Standard Part Two: May 2019 Light Steel Framed Buildings), or
- ii) NZS 3404 Steel Structures Standard and AS/NZS 1170 Structural Design Standard as referenced in Verification Method B1/VM1 with a maximum wind design pressure (ULS) of 2.5 kPa, and
- b) where the cladding system incorporates a ventilated cavity and wall cladding that complies with E2/AS1 or is covered by a current and relevant CodeMark certificate.
IBS RigidRAP-XT shall:
- a) be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's installation guide IBS RigidRAP-XT Rigid Air Barrier & Structural Bracing Panel for Steel Framing Design & Installation Guide V1 October 2020, (and only with the flashing tapes specified in the installation guide), and
- b) not be exposed to the weather or ultraviolet light for more than 90 days during construction.