40 Below and Hydro Flashing Tapes
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- CertMark International Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
40 Below & Hydro Flashing Tapes are made of three components (film or fabric carrier, adhesive, and a release liner).
This certificate covers the following products:
- 40 Below Window Flashing Tape
- 40 Below Platinum Flashing Tape
- 40 Below Flex Flashing Tape
- Hydro Flashing Tape, and
- CornerGuard, as an optional accessory for sill flashing.
40 Below & Hydro Flashing Tapes are used to flash around windows and doors as a secondary water-resistant barrier.
40 Below, 40 Below Platinum and 40 Below Flex tapes may also be used to seal joints in rigid air barriers.
40 Below Platinum, 40 Below Flex and Hydro may also be used at joinery heads to seal flashing upstands to the wall underlay.
1. 40 Below & Hydro Flashing Tapes are certified for use in buildings:
- a) within the scope of E2/AS1, and
- b) located in any wind zone up to and including EXTRA HIGH as defined in E2/AS1, and
- c) located in any exposure zone.
2. 40 Below & Hydro Flashing Tapes shall be used in accordance with the 40 Below & Hydro Flashing Tape Installation Instructions, March 2021, and the requirements of Acceptable Solution E2/AS1.
3. 40 Below & Hydro Flashing Tapes shall not be installed in areas where it has the potential to be exposed to heat, such as chimney flues.