- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
UNI FR is a non-woven, water resistant, flammability-rated, breathable 180gsm synthetic wall underlay. UNI Fasteners, UNI Seam Tape and Masons 40 Below flashing tape are specified for use with UNI FR. UNI FR is available in 2.74m wide rolls. It is also available in 0.6m wide rolls.
UNI FR is a wall underlay and flexible air barrier for timber and light-steel framed buildings that also provides a temporary weather barrier to allow interior works to continue inside the building for up to 90 days without the exterior cladding fully in place.
UNI FR shall only be used:
- on timber framed and steel framed buildings within the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and situated in NZS 3604:2011 wind zones up to and including ‘Extra High’
- with absorbent and non-absorbent wall claddings directly fixed to the frame; or installed over an 18mm minimum drained cavity; or with masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1; and with masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 for timber framed buildings or by specific design for steel framed buildings
UNI FR shall only be:
- installed in accordance with E2/AS1, Clauses 9.1.5 and 9.1.7 and with the UNI Flexible Air Barrier System Installation Instructions March 2020
- fixed with UNI fasteners for wind zones up to and including Very High, and fixed with battens over UNI FR when used in extra high wind zone
- protected from sunlight within 90 days