- CM70072 Rev3
- Revision 3
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas Australia Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Barricade FR is a flammability-rated synthetic breather-type flexible wall underlay and air barrier.
It is manufactured from spun-bonded polypropylene and is coloured white and is available in 2.74 m, 1.37 m and 0.6 m wide rolls. It is printed "Barricade FR" and "Weather exposure: max 60 days" on the front face, and optionally with a customer logo.
Barricade FR is an exterior wall underlay and air barrier for timber and light-steel framed buildings.
1. Barricade FR is certified for use:
- on timber framed and steel framed buildings within the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and situated in NZS 3604:2011 wind zones up to and including ‘Extra High’
- with absorbent and non-absorbent wall claddings directly fixed to the frame;
- or installed over an 18mm minimum drained cavity; or with masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 for timber framed buildings or in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS4 or by specific design for steel framed buildings.
2. Barricade FR shall be:
- installed in accordance with E2/AS1, Clauses 9.1.5 & 9.1.7, or NASH Building Envelope Solutions: 2019 Light Steel Framed Buildings Clauses 9.1.5 & 9.1.7, and the Masons Barricade FR House Wrap Design and Installation Guide v1.0 June 2022
- protected from sunlight within 60 days
- used with Masons Hydro or 40 Below flashing tapes.