ModWood Decking and Screening
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
ModWood Decking and Screening is a range of wood/plastic composite boards in a range of widths and thicknesses.
ModWood Decking boards are intended for use as decking, and may also be used for cosmetic screening.
ModWood Screening boards are intended for use as cosmetic screening only.
1. ModWood Decking is certified for use:
a. with a maximum span of 450 mm on a framed substructure for:
- 137 x 23 mm and 88 x 23 mm decking subject to maximum design UDL of 2.0 kPa (e.g. as in NZS3604:2001 Timber-framed buildings) and live point load of 1.8 kN, or
- 137 x 32 mm decking subject to maximum design UDL of 3.0 kPa and live point load of 4 kN, and
b. in an access route (including an assessable route) where a slip-resistant surface is required, and
c. in any exposure zone as specified in NZS3604 para 4.2.4 (except microclimates).
2. ModWood Decking shall be installed:
a. in accordance with the ModWood New Zealand Technical and Installation Guide August 2020 or the Fixing Instructions for ModWood XTREME GUARD August 2020 as applicable, and
b. with a 12 mm minimum clearance gap between the building cladding and decking as per the requirements of E2/AS1 Paragraph 7.1.1.
3. ModWood Screening is certified for use in any exposure zone as specified in NZS3604 para 4.2.4 (except microclimates).
4. ModWood Screening shall:
c. be installed in accordance with the ModWood New Zealand Technical and Installation Guide August 2020, and
d. be fixed to a specifically designed structural frame or substrate, and
e. not be used as a barrier to meet the requirements of the NZ Building Code clause F4 Safety from Falling.