SikaWrap Hex Structural Strengthening System
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The SikaWrap Hex Structural Strengthening System is a textile based structural strengthening system available in two options;
- SikaWrap Hex-100G (Glass fiber) plus Sikadur Hex-300, plus the option of adding Sikacrete-213 F (for fire protection); or
- SikaWrap Hex-103C (Carbon Fiber) plus Sikadur Hex-300 plus the option of adding Sikacrete-213 F (for fire protection).
The SikaWrap Hex Structural Strengthening System is used for the strengthening of reinforced concrete and reinforced and unreinforced masonry elements of existing buildings. Sikacrete-213 F is used where additional fire protection, to a strengthened structural element, is required.
Subject to the following conditions and limitations:
- Design of the strengthening works i.e. the specific Sika product items and their location in the structure, shall only be undertaken by a Chartered Professional Engineer (Structural) and shall only be installed by sole applicator BBR Contech.
- The Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) structural strengthening design for reinforced concrete structures shall be undertaken in accordance with ACI 440.2R-17, NZS 3101:2006 and AS/NZS 1170.0:2002.
- The Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) structural strengthening design for masonry structures shall be undertaken in accordance with ACI 440.7R-10, NZS4320:2004 and AS/NZS 1170.0:2002.
- Where the SikaWrap Hex Structural Strengthening System is used in a part of a building to which NZ Building Code clause C3.4 (a) obligations apply, the system shall be covered by a material that meets the C3.4 (a) requirement for that part of the building.
- Where additional fire protection is required, Sikacrete-213 F shall be used.