Loxo Cladding System
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The Loxo Cladding System is a non-load-bearing external wall cladding fixed to battens on an external load-bearing wall.
The Loxo Cladding System consists of 50mm or 75mm-thick steel-reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) panels, 2200mm wide x 600mm high, mounted horizontally on H3.2 treated timber or high density expanded polystyrene (EPS) cavity battens and screw fixed to the external load-bearing wall. The Loxo Cladding System includes a plastered rendered coating to the exterior face of the panel.
1. The Loxo Cladding System shall only be used on buildings that are:
i. timber-framed to NZS3604:2011 Timber framed buildings or steel-framed to NASH Standard Part 2: May 2019 Light Steel Framed Buildings, and
ii. within the scope of Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 para 1.1, and with risk score not greater than 20, and
iii. located in a wind zone up to and including Very High wind zone (as specified in NZS3604:2011), and
iv. located in any seismic zone (as specified in NZS3604:2011), and
v. in any exposure zone (excluding microclimates) (as specified in NZS3604), and
vi. in risk groups SH, SM, or VP (as defined in Acceptable Solution C/AS1 and Acceptable Solution C/AS2) without sprinklers, located any distance from a relevant boundary with the proviso that Loxo (VH) EPS Battens must not be used for the Loxo Boundary Fire Wall System located closer than 1m from a relevant boundary.
2. The Loxo Cladding System shall be installed:
i. on walls that are vertical, and
ii. in accordance with the Loxo Cladding Systems Technical Manual, August 2020, by a tradesperson with an LBP (Carpentry) license approved by Loxo; the reinforced render and coating system shall be applied by an applicator with an LBP (External Plastering) license approved by Loxo; and any components and accessories supplied by Loxo Cladding Systems NZ Ltd shall be carried out by licensed LBP contractors, approved by Loxo Cladding Systems NZ Ltd. Please contact Loxo Cladding NZ Ltd for details of licensed Loxo applicators.
3. Where the Loxo Cladding System is used as a boundary fire wall it shall be designed and installed in accordance with the Loxo Cladding Systems Boundary Fire Walls Technical Manual, June 2018.
4. All joinery used in conjunction with the Loxo Cladding System shall meet the requirements of NZS 4211:2008 Specification for performance of windows and be installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills.