The Newton® HydroBond® System
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The Newton® HydroBond® System consists of externally applied, self-healing, composite sheet membranes and accessories. The membrane is available in two variants: Newton® 403 HydroBond® and Newton® 403 HydroBond-GB®. Both have a hydrophylic polymer coating between a layer of waterproof LDPE to the outer face and a polypropylene locking fleece to the inner face. Newton® 403 HydroBond-GB® includes a further layer of aluminium to provide higher resistance to radon, carbon dioxide and hydrocarbon gases.
Other system components include:
- Newton HydroBond Tape;
- Newton 106 FlexProof-X1 – Paste for repairs and detailing;
- Newton 314-BP – Sodium bentonite detailing powder.
The product is a continuous waterproofing system applied to the underside of concrete slabs or rafts (acting as a damp proof course) and the outside of the walls of reinforced formwork.
Subject to the following conditions and limitations:
- Newton® HydroBond® shall be designed and installed as specified in the Newton Systems® NZ Installation Guide Newton® HydroBond® System Rev 1.0 January 2019.
- The substrate to which the Newton® HydroBond® System is applied shall be structurally sufficient and able to resist loading from earth and water pressure.
- Newton® HydroBond® shall be confined to ensure a watertight seal is achieved in service.