SmartClad™ Weatherboard System
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The SmartClad™ Bevelback Cavity and Direct Fixed Weatherboards are external wall claddings for use on residential and light commercial buildings within the scope of NZS3604:2011 Timber Framed Buildings and Acceptable Solution E2/AS1.
- SmartClad™ Weatherboards 18 x 140mm, 18 x 185mm
- SmartClad™ Starter Boards 30 x 140mm, 30 x 185mm
- SmartClip™ - 40 x 10mm ABS fixing clip
- SmartClad™ Screws – stainless steel or galvanized 65mm x 8 gauge
- SmartClad™ Pre-shaped Scriber 40 x 10mm, Pre-shaped Facing 66 x 34mm, Box Corner 100/88 x 34mm, Eaves Moulding 40 x 27mm, Sill 55 x 42mm, Internal Corner Scriber 36 x 36mm, Joint & Corner Soakers 150/200 x 49mm
Subject to the following conditions and limitations
- SmartClad™ Weatherboard System shall be installed (including the fixing details section 9.3) by a Licensed Building Practitioner to the specifications listed in SmartClad™ Technical Manual v10.30 (available at smartclad.co.nz/technical-documents/).
- SmartClad™ shall be painted in a light colour (a light reflective value (LRV) of greater than or equal to 45%).
- Direct fix – maximum wind zone is very high.
- Cavity – maximum wind zone is extra high.