Firth RibRaft® Floor System
- CM70056 Rev3
- Revision 3
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas Australia Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The Firth RibRaft® Floor System comprises of polystyrene pods, steel reinforcing rods, plastic spacers and Firth RibRaft® concrete.
The Firth RibRaft® Floor System is a method of concrete floor construction, suitable for all slab-on-ground concrete floors for domestic or residential buildings that fall within the scope of NZS 3604:2011 Timber framed buildings.
Conditions and limitations of use:
1. The Firth RibRaft® Floor System shall only be used in buildings which fall within the scope of NZS 3604:2011 – Timber-framed buildings, located:
- a) Where the Seismic Hazard Factor Z (defined in NZ 1170.5:2004) is less than or equal to 0.45 (refer to Figure 6 of the Firth RibRaft® Technical Manual January 2020)
- b) in any wind zones up to and including Extra High
- c) in areas with snow loads up to 2.0 kPa
- d) in all exposure zones (except microclimates)
- e) and where the ground Ultimate Bearing Capacity exceeds the value specified in Table 2 for the types of construction in Table 1 of the Firth RibRaft® Technical Manual January 2020.
2. The Firth RibRaft® Floor System shall be designed and installed in accordance with the Firth RibRaft® Technical Manual January 2020.