LP SolidGuard LSL
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
SolidGuard LSL is a Laminated Strand Lumber and is an alternative to sawn timber and other engineered wood products in residential and commercial construction. Available in a range of sizes to suit end use applications (refer to the certificate holders website for further details http://www.lumberworx.co.nz).
SolidGuard LSL may be used as floor joists, ceiling joists, rafters, purlins, bearers, beams and lintels and as a rimboard / boundary joist.
Subject to the following conditions and limitations:
- SolidGuard LSL is to be stored, specified, installed and maintained as per the requirements of the Lumberworx Structural Engineered Lumber, Design and Construction Guide, Issue 3 – October 2016.
- SolidGuard LSL shall only be used as structural framing for specifically designed buildings in accordance with NZS3603:1993 Timber structures and AS/NZS 1170:2002 (as modified by B1/VM1 Amd 19) and for use in non-specific designed timber framed buildings designed and constructed in accordance with NZS3604:2011 Timber-framed buildings (as modified by B1/AS1 Amd 19).
- SolidGuard LSL10 shall only be used as a direct substitute for SG10 using the tables in NZS3604:2011, provided the LSL10 is of the same finished size as the member to be substituted (or larger).
- SolidGuard LSL is only certified for use in situations that call for treatment to Hazard Class H1.2 or less.