- CM70035 Rev-1
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
IBS RigidRAP® is an 8mm OSB panel product faced with a laminated synthetic building wrap.
IBS RigidRAP is suitable for use as a bracing element and/or rigid air barrier in conjunction with a ventilated cavity. It is suitable for use on new and existing timber framed buildings founded on either a concrete floor slab or timber subfloor. When all joints are sealed with a flashing tape, no flexible wall underlay is required.
IBS RigidRAP must be specified, installed and stored in accordance with the IBS RigidRAP Design &Installation Guide (December 2019 V1.1).
This certification covers the use of IBS RigidRAP as a rigid air barrier:
- in new buildings that comply with NZS3604:2011 (as modified by B1/AS1 Amd 18) or have been specifically designed in accordance with NZS3603:1993 and AS/NZS 1170:2002 (as modified by B1/VM1 Amd 18) or
- in existing buildings where the specifier and installer have assured themselves that the existing structure is adequate for the intended use; and
- where the cladding system incorporates a ventilated cavity and wall cladding that complies withE2/AS1 or is covered by a relevant CodeMark certificate
This certification also covers the use of IBS RigidRAP as a bracing element in buildings designed in accordance with NZS3604:2011 (as modified by B1/AS1 Amd 18)
IBS RigidRAP must not be exposed to the weather or ultraviolet light for more than 90 days during construction.
Only flashing tapes listed in the IBS RigidRAP Design & Installation Guide may be used.