Kingspan TEK Panel Building System
- CM70025 Rev 1
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Kingspan TEK panels are structural insulated panels (SIPS), consisting of PUR foam sandwiched between two layers of OSB/3 strandboard, with a total thickness of either 142mm and R5.1 thermal resistance, or 172mm and R6.4 thermal resistance.
The Kingspan TEK Panel Building System is a fully insulated structural wall and/or roof system. The Kingspan TEK Panel Building System is a structural component only, and requires an external envelope cladding, over a cavity batten and building wrap to make it weathertight.
1. Kingspan TEK SIP panels have been certified for buildings:
- a) within the scope of NZS3604:2011 para 1.1.1, (with respect to floor plan area and building height), and
- b) located in any earthquake zone, and
- c) located in any wind zone up to and including Extra High and risk score up to and including 20 (as defined in E2/AS1), and
- d) located in any exposure zone (as defined in NZS3604:2011)
- e) any climate zone (as defined in NZS4218:2009), and
- f) where the construction incorporates a drained and ventilated cavity complying with the requirements of E2/AS1 (refer Conditions 4 - 6 below).
2. Kingspan TEK SIP panels shall be:
- a) installed in accordance with the Kingspan TEK Construction Manual for 142mm Structural Insulated Panels (Second Issue October 2015) and addendum (Version 4 August 2020), or
- b) installed in accordance with the Kingspan TEK Construction Manual for 172mm Structural Insulated Panels (First Issue 2016) and addendum (Version 3 August 2020).
- c) Installed by persons or organisations who have been trained and certified by Knightbuilt Ltd. For a list of certified installers please contact the Certificate holder.
3. The structural design of buildings incorporating Kingspan TEK SIP panels shall be supported by specific engineering design following the procedures specified by the report attached to the respective
4. Exterior faces of Kingspan TEK wall panels shall be wrapped using Proclima Solitex Extasana membrane.
5. Proclima Solitex Mento 3000 membrane shall be applied over Kingspan TEK roof panels.
6. Openings and penetrations shall be properly taped, using tapes compatible with the building wrap, in accordance with the Proclima Solitex installation guides.
7. The acoustic performance of the Kingspan TEK Building System incorporated into single TEK and double TEK party walls shall be verified by pre-completion testing