Acceptable Solution C/AS7: Buildings Used for Vehicle Storage and Parking (Risk Group VP)
- Amendment 1, Errata 1
- Valid to
- Valid from
This resource is no longer current.
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Acceptable Solution
The Building Code clauses C1 to C6 Protection from Fire relate to protecting people in and around buildings, limiting fire spread and helping firefighting and rescue. This Acceptable Solution can be used for establishing compliance with those clauses for risk group VP. It is one of a suite of Acceptable Solutions C/AS1 to C/AS7, each of them corresponding to a risk group.
The scope of this Acceptable Solution is restricted to risk group VP. This includes:
- a) Car parking buildings
- b) Vehicle parking or stacking within buildings
- c) Goods vehicle parking
- d) Service vehicle and unloading areas (where required by Acceptable Solutions C/AS2 to C/AS6)
- f) Car storage warehouses.
Specific exclusions from the scope are:
- a) Car showrooms
- b) Mechanical workshops, and
- c) Single level boat sheds.