BU679 Introduction to calculating whole-of-life carbon footprints of houses
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Bulletin
Within the next few years, it is likely that calculating the carbon footprint of a proposed building will become a required part of a building consent application.
This bulletin is an introduction to the topic, specifically calculating whole-of-life carbon footprints of houses.
This bulletin is not a comprehensive guide for how to calculate a carbon footprint for a house.
This Bulletin covers:
- Building for climate change
- How is a carvon footprint calculated?
- Tools for assessing carbon footprints of houses
- Other tools
- Cutting carbon
- BRANZ modelling shows potential gains
- Other emissions reduction considerations