- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Strandfloor® is an engineered wood-based panel flooring material available as Strandfloor® Square-Edge and Strandfloor® Tongue & Groove, which has white polypropylene tongues.
The panel flooring is suitable for up to 8 weeks exposure. All panels are ink marked on the underside with the product code, Strandfloor and a five digit traceability code.
Use of Product
- Strandfloor® is for use as panel flooring material on suspended timber-framed floors that have been designed and constructed in accordance with NZS 3604,
- Section 7.
- Strandfloor® is also for use as a non-structural overlay on concrete slab-on-ground floors, suspended concrete floors and suspended timber floors.
SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- The maximum exposure period for Strandfloor® flooring before the building is closed-in (protected from moisture) is 8 weeks.
- The moisture content of the Strandfloor® flooring must be controlled in accordance with the provisions of NZBC Acceptable Solutions E2/AS1 and E3/AS1, NZS 3604,
- and the Technical Literature.
- Strandfloor® flooring in-service surface temperatures must not exceed 50°C adjacent to heating appliances or 35°C where floor heating is used.
- Where Strandfloor® flooring is used as a structural diaphragm only nail fixing must be used.
- Strandfloor® must not be used in wet areas where maintenance of an impervious coating cannot be assured. Refer to NZS 3602, Table 1.