Watergate Plus Wall Underlay
- BRANZ-CM-1002-Rev 1
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Thermakraft Limited
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Watergate Plus is a white coloured flexible synthetic wall underlay.
The product is printed with the Watergate Plus logo repeated along the length of the roll.
Watergate Plus is for use as a flexible wall underlay for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 for timber framed buildings; or,
- the scope limitations of NASH Building Envelope Solutions, Paragraph 1.1 for steel framed buildings; and,
- with direct fixed wall claddings, or with wall claddings installed over a drained cavity; or,
- with masonry veneer in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 for timber framed buildings or in accordance with NASH Building Envelope Solutions for steel framed buildings; and,
- situated in NZS 3604:2011 Wind Zones up to and including Very High when fixed directly to framing, and Extra High when fixed over a rigid air barrier.
Watergate Plus is also for use:
- as an air barrier in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or NASH Building Envelope Solutions, Paragraph 9.1.4 (c); or,
- as a non-rigid backing material for stucco plaster in accordance with the requirements of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or NASH Building Envelope Solutions, Paragraph 184.108.40.206; or,
- as a slip layer over a rigid backing for stucco cladding in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or NASH Building Envelope Solutions, Paragraph 220.127.116.11 (b).