Level Sustainable Building Series: Plumbing (2nd edition)
- 2nd edition
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- LEVEL Sustainability Series
- PDF, Hard copy
This publication gives guidance to designers and plumbing contractors in the key decisions and requirements around design and installation of hot and cold water supply and sanitary plumbing in a domestic building.
This publication covers all the key areas of the topic, including:
- statutory requirements
- design of water supply systems
- materials selection
- water supply installation
- water heating system selection
- water heating system installation
- sanitary plumbing.
This publication has a particular focus on producing houses that are energy and water efficient, comfortable to live in and less expensive to run. It includes, for example:
- system design considerations that enhance water and energy efficiency
- materials selection factors including durability and environmental friendliness
- more efficient water heating options such as heat pumps
- information on harvesting rainwater and reusing greywater.