Level Sustainability Series: Heating, cooling and ventilation (2nd edition)
- 2nd edition
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- LEVEL Sustainability Series
- PDF, Hard copy
This publication helps designers, specifiers and builders ensure that new and existing houses are warm and effectively ventilated, providing owner comfort, convenience, health and safety while minimising running costs.
It acknowledges the importance of good passive design - taking advantage of free sources of energy such as sun and wind to provide heating, cooling and ventilation.
This publication covers all the key areas of the topic, including:
- Building Code and standards requirements
- Power supply system design
- Internal electrical wiring
- Wiring layout and installation
- Low voltage systems
It provides an explanation of some important calculations around heating and ventilation needs.
This publication covers:
- heating and cooling design considerations and methods
- thermal design
- ventilation design considerations and methods.