AS/NZS ISO 9000:2000 Quality management systems - Fundamentals and vocabulary
- Information provider
- Standards New Zealand
- Standards New Zealand, Standards Australia, International Organisation for Standardization
- Information type
- New Zealand Standard
This Standard provides guidance on the fundamentals of quality management systems as described in the ISO 9000 series of Standards, and a vocabulary of terms used in quality management. This Standard is identical with and has been reproduced from ISO 9000:2000.
This International Standard describes fundamentals of quality management systems, which form the subject of the ISO 9000 family, and defines related terms.
This International Standard is applicable to the following:
- a) Organizations seeking advantage through the implementation of a quality management system;
- b) Organizations seeking confidence from their suppliers that their product requirements will be satisfied;
- c) Users of the products;
- d) Those concerned with a mutual understanding of the terminology used in quality management (e.g. suppliers, customers, regulators);
- e) Those internal or external to the organization who assess the quality management system or audit it for conformity with the requirements of ISO 9001 (e.g. auditors, regulators, certification/registration bodies);
- f) Those internal or external to the organization who give advice or training on the quality management system appropriate to that organization;
- g) Developers of related standards.