- BRANZ Appraisal 987
- 30 August 2018
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- BRANZ Appraisals
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Stealth Rooflights are for use on roofs of buildings to provide natural light into interior spaces. Stealth Rooflights are available in a range of sizes or can be custom made to order and feature thermally-broken aluminium frames suitable for use with profiled metal, metal tile and low slope membrane roofing.
Stealth Rooflights are designed to be installed in raised (curb) mount applications and are factory glazed using sealed double-glazed insulated glass units (IGU’s). Stealth Rooflights are available as a fixed rooflight or as an opening rooflight which can be used to provide ventilation.
Stealth Rooflights have been appraised for use on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with respect to building height and maximum floor plan area; and,
- with roof structures designed and constructed to meet the requirements of the NZBC; and,
- with pitched roof cladding types, profiles and roof pitches specified in E2/AS1; and,
- with roof penetrations and flashings detailed by way of specific design in accordance with the requirements of E2/AS1 or the New Zealand Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice; or,
- with low slope membrane roofing types and pitches specified in E2/AS1; and,
- with roof penetrations and flashings detailed by way of specific design in accordance with E2/AS1; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to and including Extra High.