Roof Ventilation Products
- Appraisal number 979
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Roof Ventilation Products consist of a range of extruded battens and vents for use in pitched and skillion roof construction. The Roof Ventilation Products, when used together, will form a system to assist with the ventilation of the roof space.
The following Roof Ventilation Products are covered by the Appraisal:
- VENT Ventilated Roof Batten (VB20) - polypropylene ventilated batten used to create airflow.
- VENT Ridge Vent (RV10P) - used at ridge to release air from the roof void.
- VENT Ventilated Apron Batten (AB20) - polypropylene ventilated batten used at barge/abutment to allow air to escape from the lower roof void.
Roof Ventilation Products have been appraised for use as non-structural roof battens and vents for use with pitched and skillion roof construction on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- with profiled metal roof cladding; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including Extra High.
Building designers are responsible for incorporation of Roof Ventilation Products into their design for weathertightness and detailing of junctions.