Ados MS Sealant
- Appraisal number 924
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Ados MS Sealant is a MS polymer based, one-component, waterproof, elastic, UV resistant joint sealant for interior and exterior applications.
Ados MS Sealant has been appraised for use as an exterior sealant in buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1.
Ados MS Sealant has also been appraised for use as an internal and external sealant in buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- with a minimum joint depth of 5 mm and joint width between 5 mm and 30 mm; and,
- with substrates of:
- timber (unpainted and unstained) - particleboard, fibreboard, untreated pine, boric treated pine, tanalised pine, New Zealand natives or untreated Cedar or Douglas Fir; or,
- plastics - PVC, melamine sheet, fibreglass (gelcoat side only), polyurethane coatings, epoxy and polyester coatings or epoxy mortars; or,
- metals - stainless steel, copper, brass, zinc anneal, aluminium-zinc, zinc bronze, lead, tin, galvanised steel, mild steel, cast iron or aluminium (milled, anodised or powder coated); or,
- mineral -concrete, mortar, plaster, blockwork, brickwork, fibre cement sheeting, unglazed tiles, earthenware (clay), glazed ceramic tiles, stoneware (e.g. Hinuera stone and Oamaru stone), marble* or granite*; or,
- standard concrete, glass fibre reinforced concrete, concrete and clay blocks, tiles, natural stone* or bricks; or,
- glass and ceramics; or,
- butyl rubber products; or,
- stoved enamel.
Note: Substrates or materials other than those specified above have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal. CRC Industries New Zealand must be consulted when proposing the sealing of material not specifically covered by this Appraisal.